The John Howard Society of Saskatchewan (JHSS) – Cornerstone Program wishes to thank SaskOutdoors and SaskLotteries for the $500.00 grant we received. This grant has allowed youth in Regina and area the opportunity to discover new and exciting ways to engage with nature.
JHSS researched many alternatives to give the youth opportunities to experience a safe, engaging day of teamwork, peer support and fun. Finding events that can be inclusive for all of the youth can be challenging, as many of our youth have issues that can make participating in dynamic events difficult to impossible. Regina Beach’s Aquatic Adventures was just the match! Some of the youth shared their thoughts on the day:
- “With all my disabilities, I had fun and it was a new challenge for me.”
- “Earth gives us so many beautiful things to create and see.”
- “Spending time with people was nice.”
- “Having fun and being inclusive.”
- “Savoring the moments of summer.”
Thanks so much for the grant and the opportunity to give these kids a special day!