All media inquiries are to be directed to the John Howard Society of Saskatchewan’s Provincial Office.
Communications & Administration Officer – Blair Roberts
Phone: (306) 520-8221
Advocacy in the Media: The following articles were opportunities for the John Howard Society of Saskatchewan to advocate on various issues related to justice.
- Paying distracted driving ticket off through Fine Option a fine option
- RPC reports second highest use of force incidents among all federal regional treatment centres
- Community gathers to remember those who died due to homelessness
- Province says 75% of inmates in Sask jails are Indigenous
- Inmate Christ Van Camp’s death ‘was a direct result of his high-risk lifestyle’: attorney general’s office
- Saskatchewan wants to prevent sex offenders from changing names
- Sask government working on new rules surrounding name changes
- 2 Saskatchewan cities ranked in Canada’s most dangerous places
- John Howard Society of Saskatchewan hosts Restorative Justice Week luncheon
Promotion in the media: The following articles promote John Howard Society of Saskatchewan programs.
- Fine Option program leads to desire to volunteer for Regina man
- Program lets motorists work off heft fines for distracted driving
- Volunteer program offers chance for distracted drivers to work off fines
- This program lets people work volunteer hours to pay distracted driving tickets
- Saskatchewan’s new distracted driving fines disproportionately punish people in poverty
- John Howard Society opens walk-in clinic full of supports and good conversation
- Lulu’s Lodge emerges as a crucial resource for LGBTQ2S youth in Regina