WHO WE ARE:
The John Howard Society of Saskatchewan (JHSS) is a well-established non-profit provincial organization that provides effective, just, and humane services in response to the causes and consequences of crime, and assists individuals who are at risk or are involved in the criminal justice process.
Communities have effective, just, humane practices that support positive social outcomes.
The John Howard Society of Saskatchewan provides prevention, intervention, support services, and advocacy for individuals who are at risk or are involved in the criminal justice process.
- People have the right to live in a safe and peaceful society and the responsibility to ensure humane consequences when this right is infringed.
- Every person has intrinsic worth and must be treated with dignity, equity, fairness and compassion by the community and the justice and social and health service systems.
- Every person has the potential to become a contributing member of their community.
- Every person has the right and responsibility to be informed about, and involved in, decisions that affect them within the justice, health, and social service systems.
- Justice is best served through measures that prevent crime, resolve conflicts, repair harm and restore peaceful relations in society.
- Independence, integrity and partnerships are important for JHSS to fulfill their vital role in supporting positive social outcomes.
“If Not Us, Then Who?”
|Collaborative Partnerships||Collaborative partnerships to address issues in the justice and social service systems.|
|Educating/Advocacy||The leading voice on issues and service delivery in the justice and social service systems.|
|Promotion||The public, government ministries, other community-based organizations and our staff know and understand who we are, what we stand for, and how we contribute to public safety.|
|Service Delivery||Quality, responsive, efficient and cost effective programs and services.|
|Human Resources||A respectful and progressive environment where employees and volunteers are valued and appreciated.|
|Sustainability||Integrating sustainability in a way that adds value to the organization, community and beyond, by inspiring others and enlisting their help in the common pursuit of innovation in policy, practice and knowledge.|
|Innovation||Promoting a culture of innovation—considering new creative ideas that are implemented.|