The John Howard Society of Saskatchewan needs your support in our ongoing efforts to help at risk youth and young adults.
The John Howard Society of Saskatchewan is an independent voluntary organization composed of citizens who accept responsibility for understanding and dealing with the problems of crime and the criminal justice system in a creative, humane and progressive manner. The Society fulfils this responsibility through reform advocacy, direct service and public education.
About JOHN HOWARD SOCIETY OF SASKATCHEWAN
* People have the right to live in a safe and peaceful society and the responsibility to ensure humane consequences when this right is infringed.
* Every person has intrinsic worth and must be treated with dignity, equity, fairness and compassion by the community and the justice process.
* All people have the potential to become responsible citizens.
* Every person has the right and the responsibility to be informed about, and involved in, the criminal justice process.
* Justice is best served through measures that resolve conflicts, repair harm and restore peaceful relations in society.
* Only through independence can volunteer organizations have a vital role in the justice system.
Thank you for your interest.