Executive Director – Saskatoon Branch
John Howard Society of Saskatchewan
John Howard Society of Saskatchewan (JHSS) is a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to provide youth, victims, offenders, families, and communities with programs, public education, and advocacy toward effective, just and humane responses to the causes and consequences of crime.
JHSS is committed to delivering quality programs that achieve and demonstrate the best outcomes and impacts for our clients. Through evidence-based methodology, our aim is to expand our range of service to meet the complex needs of our clients and the community.
Reporting to the Provincial Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Director is responsible for the overall management of an annual budget of approximately $3.5 million and a team of approximately 50 in and out of scope employees. The Executive Director provides leadership, vision, and strategic management of all Branch operations.
This position provides leadership that fosters a positive, robust agency team. The successful candidate will operate with a high level of rigor and ethics.
The Executive Director will work in collaboration with the corporate Provincial Office, staff members, and community partners to further the strategic and operational plans and organizational vision.
The Executive Director has the authority to direct the implementation of the Branch’s programs and services, and is responsible for the management of all staff members and volunteers in compliance with relevant policies and legislation.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
– Post-secondary degree in Human Services and/or Business Administration.
– Minimum of three (3) years management experience in a non-profit agency at a senior level.
– Record of success and accomplishment in senior executive and leadership roles in the non-profit sector (ideally with specific experience providing services in human services sector, community corrections, criminal justice, and/or human rights).
– Strong record in resource attainment, grant writing, marketing, and social enterprise.
– Demonstration of personal and professional integrity.
– Knowledge of community resources and government policies and programs.
– Ability to develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with staff, government officials, and key stakeholders.
– Effective written and verbal communication skills to support JHSS advocacy, partnership building, public relations, marketing, and fundraising.
Above all, the successful candidate must demonstrate genuine dedication to JHSS values and mission.
Lead JHSS’s Saskatoon Branch in the spirit of consultation, collaboration, and open, respectful communication.
Encourage supportive and creative team environment through open communication and positive relationship building with staff.
Operationalize the long-term vision and strategic plan for JHSS, overseeing successful development and implementation of Branch programs and services.
Human Resources Planning and Management:
Establish a positive, healthy, inclusive, and safe work environment in accordance with relevant legislation and internal policies, including Saskatchewan Labour Legislation, JHSS Collective Agreement, and John Howard National Risk Policy.
Ensure effective recruitment, hiring, training, and work performance practices are administered, including coaching and progressive discipline, in compliance with policies and legislation.
Encourage staff to develop professional skills and maximize opportunities.
Financial Planning and Management:
Ensure sound financial management practice, oversee financial reporting, and administer JHSS funds in accordance with the Board-approved budget.
Ensure financial accountability, transparency, and growth through effective financial systems and controls.
Ensure contracts and financial agreements are consistent with approved budgets.
Community Relations and Education:
Participate in relevant community committees and networks.
Promote community partnerships and integrated service opportunities advancing organizational goals.
Promote and exemplify the JHSS mission and goals in the community and across the province.
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and experience to email@example.com by noon, Monday, March 27th.