WHO WE ARE:
We’re an independent, community-based organization working with people who understand that crime has both causes and consequences. We believe in the importance of accepting responsibility for wrong doing, and dealing with the causes and consequences of crime in a progressive manner.
Effective, just and humane responses to the causes and consequences of crime.
We provide youth, victims, offenders, families and communities with programs, public education and advocacy about the causes and consequences of crime.
- People have the right to live in a safe and peaceful society and the responsibility to ensure humane consequences when this right is infringed.
- Every person has intrinsic worth and must be treated with dignity, equity, fairness and compassion by the community and the justice and social service systems.
- Every person has the potential to become a responsible citizen.
- Every person has the right and responsibility to be informed about, and involved in, decisions that affect them within the justice and social service systems.
- Justice is best served through measures that prevent crime, resolve conflicts, repair harm and restore peaceful relations in society.
- Independence, integrity and partnerships are important for community-based organizations to fulfill their vital role in addressing the causes and consequences of crime.
Our ends provide the strategic filter through which flow every idea, plan, and program we have. Our ends keep us focused and help us evaluate progress and effectiveness.
|Program/Service Delivery||Quality, responsive, effective programs and services.|
|Networking/Partnerships||Collaborative partnerships to address issues in the justice and social service systems.|
|Educating/Advocacy||The leading voice on issues and service delivery in the justice and social service systems.|
|Marketing/Branding||The public, government ministries, other community-based organizations and our staff know and understand who we are, what we stand for, and how we contribute to public safety.|
|Human Resources||A respectful and progressive environment where employees and volunteers are valued and supported.|
|Sustainability/Innovation||Operations and initiatives are sustainable and innovative.|